Thursday, April 2, 2009

first day of school

I ordered a new backpack for Allison and it arrived today. Regular packs are so large on kids her age, but the Dr. Suess one that we picked up for free last year (yah MOPS!) is way too small. She's been needing something to put her school books in when we're on the go and I found this one that is smaller than the average pack, but still just large enough to hold a typical notebook.



She is very excited to have a "big girl" backpack. The school supplies I ordered should begin arriving tomorrow. We're starting to feel like we're gearing up for the first day of school! It's kind of an odd feeling, considering we still had lessons today. I think it's just the eagerness for something new and out of the ordinary. Besides, it is first grade!

Allison and I made three loaves of zucchini bread, today. I meant to only bake one large loaf, so I took some shredded zucchini out of the freezer. I went to get it out of the refridgerator today and discovered that I had a couple old zucchinis in the bottom drawer. We made 1 & 1/2 batch (nice math lesson, I thought) and they came out great. Allison wanted to crack all of the eggs, but I managed to convince her it might be quicker if mommy broke all six eggs! She had lots of fun pouring in flour, however.



Here they are! Sometimes my loaves get a little dark on top, mainly the large ones that stay in the oven longer. This time, I put a piece of foil over it, after I pulled out the smaller loaves. Worked like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment